Astigmatism is a common eye condition affecting many individuals across the globe. It occurs when the eye’s front surface (cornea) or the lens inside it has mismatched curves. When this happens, it can lead to difficulties focusing on near and distant objects, impacting the overall quality of life.
If you are diagnosed with astigmatism, there is no need to worry because Eyeonce Eye Clinic can help you. Our team of experienced eye care professionals, Paik Dong Won, Head Director, and Jung Sae Rom, Medical Director, are dedicated to providing the best, personalized solutions to address your astigmatism and improve your vision.
Due to the irregular shape of the cornea or lens in the eye, astigmatism can cause a range of symptoms, such as the following:
- Blurred or distorted vision at all distances – Blurring vision in both close-up and distance vision is one of the hallmark symptoms of astigmatism.
- Eye strain and discomfort – Experiencing eye strain and discomfort, especially after doing visually demanding tasks like reading, watching TV, or using the computer for an extended period, can be a symptom of astigmatism. Your eyes may feel achy and tired.
- Headaches and fatigue – These can be highly evident due to straining the eyes to compensate for blurry vision. Prolonged use of the eyes without proper correction can lead to tension headaches.
- Difficulty seeing clearly at night – People living with astigmatism find it extremely challenging to navigate in low-light conditions. This can be exceptionally tedious when doing tasks such as driving at night.
- Squinting to try and focus better – Squinting is one of the evident symptoms of astigmatism. People with this eye condition usually squint to sharpen their vision temporarily and see objects more clearly, reducing the amount of unfocused light entering the eye.
- Difficulty reading fine print – Astigmatism makes reading small or fine prints challenging as the letter may appear blurry or wavy, resulting in eyestrain.
It is imperative to note that these symptoms may vary in severity and individual conditions. If you suspect having astigmatism, scheduling an eye examination with an ophthalmologist like Paik Dong Won or Jung Sae Rom from Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam, South Korea, is highly recommended. They will provide a proper diagnosis and appropriate medical intervention to address your condition. Doing this early on can help alleviate the symptoms and improve overall visual comfort.
As one of the leading eye clinics in Gangnam, South Korea, Eyeonce Eye Clinic can help you with astigmatism. Typically, diagnosing your condition can be made accurately and methodically in our clinic, which involves the following steps:
- Visual Acuity Test – Our eye care professionals perform this standard chart test to assess how well you can see at various distances.
- Keratometry – This is done to measure the cornea’s curvature to detect irregularities.
- Corneal Topography – This is done to have a detailed mapping of the cornea’s surface to identify any abnormalities.
- Retinoscopy – Our eye doctors use a light and a series of lenses to determine the best prescription for your eyes.
Here at Eyeonce Eye Clinic, we care for all our patients like family and provide them with the best results. We utilize the best equipment and organized systems, offer safe and accurate treatments, and present one-on-one support care to address astigmatism effectively.
When to see an eye doctor?
Aside from having all the apparent symptoms of astigmatism, you should see your eye care professional if it is already hampering your everyday activities and detracting from your enjoyment. At Eyeonce Eye Clinic, our ophthalmologists can provide you with effective and customized treatments for astigmatism, such as the following:
- Eyeglasses – Prescription glasses can be highly effective in helping people with astigmatism to achieve clear vision. These specialized glasses are designed to correct the irregularities in the shape of the cornea or lens, allowing the light to focus on the retina resulting in improved vision.
- Contact lenses – Specialized contact lenses are designed to address astigmatism by correcting corneal irregularities and catering to different degrees of astigmatism. Contact lenses are also way more convenient than prescription glasses.
- LASIK – LASIK surgery involves using a laser to reshape the cornea to create a more symmetrical and uniform curvature, correcting the refractive error that causes blurred vision. LASIK is a sought-after surgery because it is quick and painless and helps many patients achieve a 20/20 vision.
If you want to know which treatment option is best for your needs, schedule a consultation with our eye doctors at Eyeonce Eye Clinic. With appropriate corrective measures, you will regain your clear vision!
Why choose Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam for astigmatism treatment?
Utmost Patient Care
Here in our clinic, we ensure to give you your money’s worth. We guarantee you receive the best medication possible and assure them you are guided and understood, making you feel comfortable and confident at every step.
Our eye doctors at Eyeonce Eye Clinic offer comprehensive ways to evaluate our patients’ eyes and assess what astigmatism treatment is best for them. Our ophthalmologists take their time to cater to your questions and address your concerns, ensuring you make an informed decision about our vision correction options.
Expert Eye Doctors
Our ophthalmologists, Dr. Paik Dong Won, Head Director, and Dr. Jung Sae Rom, Medical Director, are highly knowledgeable and skilled in treating astigmatism. They always use the latest techniques and technologies to ensure optimal results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
While it cannot be “cured” in the traditional senses, refractive surgeries such as LASIK can provide a long-term correction for astigmatism, reducing or eliminating the need for prescription glasses or contact lenses.
Astigmatism itself does not cause blindness but can lead to significant visual impairment if left uncorrected.
Reading in a low-lit environment can strain your eyes, but it will not worsen astigmatism; however, proper lighting is highly recommended to reduce eyestrain.
Astigmatism is a common vision condition that affects people of all ages, leading to blurred or distorted vision and various visual discomfort—fortunately, several eye clinics, such as Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam, South Korea. Our medical team is expert at providing exceptional and personalized treatment for astigmatism. Visit our website today to book an appointment!