Refractive errors like myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia can significantly affect one’s quality of life. Fortunately, LASIK and LASEK surgeries have been developed to help patients with poor vision achieve clear and sharp eyesight.
Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam provides advanced LASIK and LASEK surgeries to address refractive errors using Z8 Femtosecond laser and EX500 Laser technologies. Our eye surgeons, Dr. Paik Dong Won and Dr. Jung Sae Rom will help you achieve the visual acuity you deserve.
What are LASIK and LASEK surgeries?
LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) and LASEK (Laser-Assisted Subepithelial Keratectomy) are two of the most sought-after laser vision correction procedures in South Korea. They are designed to help correct refractive errors like astigmatism, hyperopia, and myopia.
In a LASIK procedure, a corneal flap is created using a femtosecond laser, after which the cornea is reshaped with an excimer laser. At the same time, the LASEK procedure involves removing the outer layer of the cornea, reshaping the underlying cornea, and then replacing the outer layer.
What are the critical differences between LASIK and LASIK surgeries?
While these two procedures are highly effective and recommended, they have differences, such as the following:
However, you must consult an eye surgeon to determine the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
Why choose LASIK and LASEK surgeries?
Regarding refractive surgery, LASIK and LASEK are the two best options. Both surgeries use laser technology to correct vision but differ in their approach.
- Improved vision – Our clinic ensures our patients can see clearly after the surgery. We guarantee that we give them the most significant improvements to their vision.
- Quick recovery – LASIK is ideal for patients who lead an active lifestyle, with many who can do their everyday activities a day or two after the surgery.
- Long-lasting results – The best thing about LASIK is that it is a good investment in improving your vision since it provides long-lasting results, with plenty of patients still enjoying their improved vision even years after the surgery.
- Safe and Effective – Our surgeons at Eyeonce Eye Clinic always use state-of-the-art technologies and carefully assess your condition, lowering the risk of serious complications.
- Less invasive – Compared to other procedures, LASEK is less invasive as it only removes the cornea’s thin outer layer rather than creating a flap.
- Reduced risk of flap complications – LASEK does not involve the creation of a flap, reducing the risk of flap-related complications.
- Suitable for patients with thin corneas – If you have thin corneas, do not worry since LASEK is perfect for your condition as it does not require the creation of a flap.
- Quick recovery – Patients who undergo LASEK can return to their everyday activities within a week.
- Long-lasting results – LASEK surgery can help you achieve improved vision many years after the surgery.
- Safe and Effective – At Eyeonce Eye Clinic, our experienced eye surgeons ensure you receive a safe and effective procedure.
Our surgeons at Eyeonce Eye Clinic, Head Director Dr. Paik Dong Won and Medical Director Dr. Jung Sae Rom, are highly experienced in LASIK/LASEK surgery, and they utilize the latest techniques and technologies such as Z8 Femtosecond laser and EX500 Laser to ensure optimal results and meet the unique needs of each patient.
Who are the best candidates for LASIK and LASEK surgeries?
Good candidates for LASIK and LASEK surgeries are the following:
- Patients with a refractive error
- Patients with less severe myopia
- Patients who have a significant difference in prescription between two eyes.
- Patients who want a fast recovery
It is essential to remember that LASIK and LASEK vary for different patients. Always consult with your eye surgeons, such as our experts at Eyeonce Eye Clinic, to determine which procedure suits your case.
How is getting LASEK and LASIK at Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam?
The process of getting LASIK or LASEK surgery at Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam typically involves the following steps:
- First, you must schedule a consultation with our experienced eye surgeons, headed by Dr. Paik Dong Won, to have a comprehensive eye exam to determine if LASIK or LASEK suits you. You can simply visit the Eyeonce Eye Clinic website to choose your preferred appointment schedule.
- Then, suppose our eye surgeons have decided which procedure is proper for you. Our surgeons will perform a pre-surgical evaluation to gather detailed information about your eye’s condition and determine the treatment plan.
- Next, it is time for surgery. On the day of your surgery, you will be given local anesthesia then the surgery happens. It will take about ten to fifteen minutes.
- After the surgery, you will be given some medications and instructions for caring for your eyes during recovery. It is normal to feel minor discomfort like blurry vision for a few days; however, you can return to work or do your normal activities within a week.
- Lastly, visit our eye surgeon to monitor your progress and ensure you are coping well.
At Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam, we guarantee you that you will receive a comprehensive and personalized approach to LASIK and LASEK surgeries. Our eye surgeons have performed several LASIK and LASEK surgeries, ensuring the most accurate and precise outcomes for our patients.
Why choose Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam for LASIK and LASEK surgeries?
Utmost Patient Care
At Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam, we ensure to give their patients money’s worth. We sympathize with them because undergoing LASIK and LASEK surgeries can be extensive. We want to assure them they feel guided and understood so they would feel comfortable and confident every step of the way.
Our surgeons at Eyeonce Eye Clinic offer comprehensive ways to evaluate our patient’s eyes and assess whether they are suitable for LASIK or LASEK surgery. Our surgeons take their time to cater to your questions and address your concerns, ensuring you make an informed decision about our vision correction options.
Expert Eye Surgeons
Our surgeons Head Director Dr. Paik Dong Won and Medical Director Dr. Jung Sae Rom, are highly knowledgeable and skilled in LASIK and LASEK surgeries. Both of them use the latest techniques and technologies to ensure optimal results. They also offer a range of procedures that would address our patient’s needs.
FAQs About LASIK/LASEK Surgery
Most patients do not feel pain during the LASIK/LASEK surgery, as numbing drops keep the eyes comfortable throughout the procedure.
Most patients experience improved vision almost immediately after the procedure, but there may be some mild discomfort and sensitivity to light for a few days to a week afterward. Full recovery typically takes several weeks, during which patients should avoid strenuous activity and wear protective eyewear.
As with any surgical procedure, some risks and potential complications are associated with LASIK/LASEK surgery, including dry eye syndrome, infection, and vision changes. However, these risks are relatively low, and most patients experience significant improvement in their vision and quality of life after the procedure.
As the premier provider of top-quality eye treatments and procedures in South Korea, Eyeonce Eye Clinic is here to help you achieve clearer and sharper vision. Whether you’re interested in a simple consultation or a full-fledged treatment plan, our expert team led by Paik Dong Won is here to guide you every step of the way. Contact us today and take the first step towards your new and improved look!