It is a no-brainer that wearing contact lenses and glasses is a hassle. It’s a good thing there is Clear Smile LASIK, an advanced laser eye surgery that corrects several vision problems like astigmatism and myopia. It is a sought-after solution because of its convenience and practicality, providing patients with sharper, clearer vision without needing corrective lenses.
Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam in Seoul, South Korea, offers a Clear Smile LASIK procedure specially performed by trained ophthalmologists who are experts in refractive eye surgeries using state-of-the-art laser technologies.
What is Clear Smile LASIK?
CLEAR stands for Corneal Lenticule Extraction for Advanced Refractive Correction. It combines the safety and efficacy of SMILE LASIK, using a small incision to perform the surgery, with the added benefit of “Advanced Refractive Correction” technology, taking the procedure to the next level.
It is a new and innovative method that offers several advantages, such as the following:
- Improved vision – patients who have undergone this surgery have overcome several eye problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. They wake up each day with a clearer vision, saying goodbye to corrective eyewear!
- Fast and painless– Clear Smile LASIK typically takes less than 15 minutes per eye. It is painless, with most patients experiencing only mild discomfort.
- No downtime – Most patients can continue their everyday activities within 24-48 hours after the procedure.
- Long-lasting results – Clear Smile LASIK is a good investment as it is proven to give lasting results, with most patients experiencing improved visions even years after getting the procedure.
- Safe and Effective – Patients do not have to worry about undergoing this eye surgery because it is performed by well-trained ophthalmologists who are experts in the field.
- Convenience – Through Clear Smile LASIK, patients who lead active lifestyles have more freedom in work and environments where eyewear can be a hindrance.
What is the step-by-step process for the Clear Smile LASIK procedure?
The procedure usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes per eye and involves the following steps:
- Your ophthalmologist will examine your eyes to ensure they suit the procedure.
- During the procedure, you will be given numbing eye drops to keep your eyes numb and moist.
- Discontinue using hard contact lenses at least two weeks before the surgery and soft lenses at least one week before the operation, as they affect the cornea’s shape.
During the Procedure:
- First, your surgeon will place the docking system by ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8 on your cornea safely.
- Using a femtosecond laser, your surgeon will create a disc-shaped piece of corneal tissue called a lenticule.
- Then, the docking system will be lifted and your surgeon will make a small incision(2 mm).
- After a small incision is made, your surgeon gently removes the lenticule through a small incision.
- Lastly, your eyes will be rinsed using saline solution.
- Always use the prescribed eye drops to reduce inflammation and prevent infection.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the eyes at least one month after the surgery.
- Avoid closing your eyes too hard.
- Always wash your hands before touching your face area.
- Shower only a day after the surgery.
- Never expose yourself to the sun without UV-blocking glasses three months after the surgery.
- Wear protective eyewear, such as goggles, when doing physical activities such as exercising and jogging one week after the surgery.
- Avoid skiing, swimming, or soaking in hot tubs for one week after the surgery.
- Avoid applying eye makeup or using skincare products around the eyes.
- Attend follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor progress and ensure proper healing.
The Clear Smile LASIK procedure is painless and may offer a slight burning sensation and discomfort immediately after the surgery. But do not worry because you will be given medications like eye drops to ease any discomfort and prevent infection.
ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8: The Future of Vision Correction
ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8 is an advanced technology for vision correction that surpasses that of LASIK or LASEK. This innovative technology offers the following benefits:
- Provides personalized eye correction for astigmatism and myopia
- Has an impressive speed of over 5000Khz
- Maps the structure of the eyes
- Ensure accurate and precise results
- Safe to use
Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam utilizes the ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8 to give their patients the best and most accurate results, exceeding traditional LASIK or LASEK procedures.
The Difference Between Traditional LASIK and ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8
In the early 2000S, blades were replaced with the femtosecond laser and laser eye surgery in vision correction surgery. Here are their differences:
This technological breakthrough in eye surgery was initiated by ZIEMER FEMTO LDV, which evolved and led to the current Z8 version.
Who is the Good Candidate for Clear Smile LASIK?
Clear Smile LASIK is an excellent vision correction option for individuals who
- wears contact lenses for prolonged periods
- are uncertain about undergoing surgery due to dry-eye syndrome
- actively participates in outdoor physical activities and sports
- fears pain during and after surgery
- wants a fast recovery with no downtime
The ideal candidate must be over 18 years old and not pregnant or have certain medical conditions to avoid being disqualified from having the procedure. It is imperative to consult your ophthalmologist to learn if you are ideal for the Clear Smile LASIK procedure.
Clear Smile LASIK Procedure in South Korea
Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam prides itself as one of the leading clinics in vision correction in South Korea. They have experienced surgeons who have undergone intensive training and have performed countless successful Clear Smile LASIK procedures using the latest technologies, such as the ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8.
FAQs About Clear Smile LASIK
It is an advanced, fast, and painless laser eye surgery for correcting astigmatism, myopia, and hyperopia using state-of-the-art laser technologies. It is perfect for individuals who lead an active lifestyle.
ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8 is a cutting-edge technology for vision correction that surpasses LASIK or LASEK. It has an impressive speed of over 5000Khz, maps the structure of the eyes, ensures accurate and precise results, and is safe to use.
Clear Smile LASIK combines the safety and efficacy of SMILE LASIK with “Advanced Refractive Correction” technology. In contrast, traditional LASIK uses a microkeratome blade to create a flap on the cornea instead of using a femtosecond laser.
Clear Smile LASIK is an excellent solution for vision problems offered by Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam, South Korea. The procedure is painless, fast, and safe, with long-lasting results. Eyeonce Eye Clinic uses ZIEMER FEMTO LDV Z8 technology, which offers personalized correction for astigmatism and myopia, accurate and precise results, and safety.