They say that life begins at forty, but most people often forget that your eyes need extra care as you age. One of our eyesight’s most common adversaries as we age is presbyopia. If you struggle to read text messages or hold menus at arm’s length, you might suffer from this eye condition.
Do not worry! Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam houses the best eye doctors, Paik Dong Won, Head Director, and Jung Sae Rom, Medical Director, who will help you address presbyopia and regain your clear vision.
What is presbyopia?
It is an age-related eye condition that affects your eyes’ ability to focus on close-up objects. It happens when the lens in the eye gradually becomes less flexible and loses its ability to change shape, hindering its capability to focus light precisely on the retina. Presbyopia occurs as a natural part of the aging process.
Why should presbyopia be addressed?
Individuals suffering from this condition have difficulty performing tasks that require near-clear vision, such as reading, texting, sewing, or working on a computer. Presbyopia makes nearby objects appear blurry, forcing individuals to hold things at arm’s length to see them.
If you have any concerns about near vision, visiting an eye care professional like Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam is recommended. They are known for their expert diagnosis and treatment of various eye conditions, including presbyopia. Their eye specialists conduct comprehensive eye examinations and provide personalized eye treatments. With advanced eye technologies, Eyeonce Eye Clinic can improve your overall health.
What are the symptoms of presbyopia?
Like any other eye condition, presbyopia may show early symptoms. If you have been noticing any of the following changes in your vision, presbyopia has likely made its presence known:
- Difficulty reading small letters – Small texts and prints become increasingly challenging to read when you reach forty. So, you might have presbyopia if you squint or hold reading materials at arm’s length to bring the text to focus.
- Blurred vision at far distances – While presbyopia generally affects near vision, you may also experience some blurriness when looking at objects from afar, making it extremely difficult to see road signs or recognize faces at a distance.
- Eyestrains or headaches after reading – Eye discomfort or headaches after prolonged periods of reading or focusing on close-up tasks might be a triggering sign of presbyopia. When your eyes compensate for the loss of focusing ability, it may lead to eye fatigue and discomfort.
- Symptoms worsen in the dark and difficulty driving at night. Individuals suffering from presbyopia can attest that their condition worsens and becomes more pronounced in low-light conditions, such as nighttime. One of the examples is reading in a dimly lit environment and driving at night.
Eyeonce Eye Clinic is the best place to go if you can relate to any of these symptoms. With their expert eye specialist and innovative eye treatment, you will combat the drastic effects of presbyopia affecting your everyday life.
What are the different types of presbyopia?
Presbyopia can manifest differently depending on an individual’s refractive error, such as nearsightedness (myopia) or farsightedness (hyperopia). Here is the breakdown of how presbyopia can interact with other refractive errors.
- Normal presbyopia refers to the typical age-related decline in near vision that impacts most individuals nearing the ages of 40 and 50. Our eyes’ lenses gradually lose their flexibility as we age, making it more challenging to focus on close-up objects.
- Near-sighted presbyopia – When presbyopia develops in individuals with nearsightedness, it causes a unique set of challenges, making it even harder for a person experiencing this condition.
- Farsighted presbyopia is a refractive error where near objects appear blurry while far objects seem clear. Farsighted individuals may experience an additional challenge to their near vision when they acquire presbyopia.
It is significant to note that presbyopia interacts with existing refractive errors, such as myopia and hyperopia, in different ways.
What are the different treatment methods for presbyopia?
When it comes to treating presbyopia, Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam offers several options to help improve near vision and alleviate the symptoms associated with it, such as the following:
- Reading glasses – This non-invasive and cost-effective treatment method enhances near vision by providing additional magnification for close-up tasks. Eyeonce has various reading glasses that are custom-fitted for every individual’s unique eye care needs.
- Contact lenses – For individuals who do not wear reading glasses, contact lenses are perfect! Multifocal contact lenses are specifically designed to correct both near and distant vision. Contact lenses have different zones, allowing clear vision at varying distances. Here at Eyeonce, our eye specialists determine the most suitable type and prescription of contact lenses based on your eye characteristics and lifestyle.
- Lens implants – Also known as intraocular lenses (IOLs), a surgical option that involves replacing the eye’s natural lens with an artificial lens that can improve near and distance vision. Before this procedure, it is recommended to have your eyes evaluated to determine candidacy and ensure the best outcome possible, just like our eye doctors do at Eyeonce.
- Corrective surgery – Monovision, LASIK, LASEK, and CLEAR LASIK are some options for corrective surgery for presbyopia. Corrective surgeries correct near and distant vision issues and help improve overall vision health. It is the same with any other treatment options for presbyopia; it is highly recommended to consult an eye specialist.
It is worth noting that the most appropriate for presbyopia can vary depending on several factors. Consulting with an eye care professional is the best way to go!
Why choose Eyeonce Eye Clinic Gangnam for presbyopia treatment?
Utmost Patient Care
Here in our clinic, we ensure to give you your money’s worth. We guarantee you receive the best medication possible and assure them you are guided and understood, making you feel comfortable and confident at every step.
Our eye doctors at Eyeonce Eye Clinic offer comprehensive ways to evaluate our patient’s eyes and assess what presbyopia treatment is best for them. Our ophthalmologists take their time to cater to your questions and address your concerns, ensuring you make an informed decision about our vision correction options.
Expert Eye Doctors
Our ophthalmologists, Head Director Dr. Paik Dong Won and Medical Director Dr. Jung Sae Rom, are highly knowledgeable and skilled in treating Dry Eye Syndrome. They always use the latest techniques and technologies to ensure optimal results.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is an age-related condition that affects the eye’s ability to focus on near objects. It commonly affects individuals around 40 years old. Without proper medication, it can worsen over time.
Some of the most common symptoms of presbyopia include difficulty reading small print, blurred vision when looking at close objects, eyestrain or headaches after reading or doing close work, and experiencing worsening vision in low-light conditions.
An eye care professional can diagnose it through a comprehensive eye examination.
Some treatment options include wearing reading glasses, using multifocal contact lenses, considering lens implant surgery, and trying to explore corrective surgical procedures.
Presbyopia is a natural part of the aging process. With the appropriate treatment method, you will surely restore your near vision, allowing you to enjoy your everyday activities fully. If you suspect you have presbyopia, visit Eyeonce Eye Clinic in Gangnam. They offer comprehensive cataract evaluation and surgical services, ensuring our patients receive optimal visual outcomes. Book an appointment today to start your journey to a more precise and sharper vision!